A month of links - September 2021

A selection of links to interesting, inspiring things out there on the internet.

Please feel free to add yours to the replies.

Tip: To create a preview box as seen in the links below, put the actual link on its own line.

Interesting new report proposing a ‘framework for participatory data stewardship’ inspired by Arnstein’s ladder of citizen participation:

1 Like

Viewpoint on the West End’s post-lockdown recovery strategy as we enter the Autumn:

2 Likes

I really appreciated this piece in the Stage (needs a log in)

Stephanie Street: Change doesn’t need to be drastic – it can also be slow, kind and careful (thestage.co.uk)

2 Likes

That’s a fantastic article. This struck me…

He didn’t try to fix it immediately, but he allowed me to share the challenge I am experiencing and opened the space for us to find solutions together.

2 Likes

‘Stewardship’ strikes me as a useful term in this context. Ta for sharing.

2 Likes

Apollo in Real Time is in my opinion one of the most amazing digital humanities projects out there, taking the 50-year-old archives of the Apollo landings and making them accessible and legible online, including thousands of photos and tens of thousands of hours of audio across dozens of channels.

I was so pleased to see this talk on YouTube, which really gets into the detail of what its creator Ben Feist have achieved - and the consequences of his work for present-day science and space exploration.

3 Likes

This looks amazing! Bookmarking to explore properly later

2 Likes

One more link: I recently participated in a webinar alongside the fantastic James Simpson of Rose Bruford College. The subject was how technology is shaping the future of arts education. Thought a few people might be interested in watching!

2 Likes

Nikon’s Small World

1 Like

In their projects, Adrien Mondot and Claire Bardainne combine art, digital technology and dance in live performances that are mesmerising. Their work is a visual journey into the space between dreams and reality.

I could only see a LinkedIN post but this is stunning…

1 Like

The Tik Tok tide is turning…

2 Likes

Wow, seriously hypnotic…

Though no one is very keen on looking back at 2020 to fondly, a positive for the museums listed in this Arts Professional article on attendances. Tate Modern was UK's most visited museum last year | News | ArtsProfessional

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 22 days. New replies are no longer allowed.