Best biscuit to go with your brew?

Today, lots of people will have been fundraising for Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.

That got me thinking about the REALLY important question in life - what’s the best biscuit to accompany a cuppa?

• Hobnob
  • Chocolate digestive
  • Custard cream
  • Bourbon
  • Jaffa cake
  • Don’t be daft, a jaffa cake isn’t a biscuit
  • Something else entirely (reply to this post and tell us)

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m pleased to see that so far, there is general agreement that a Jaffa cake is, in fact, a biscuit.

Some form of short bread. Ideally Dutch butter cookies but really any shortbread. If that’s unavailable then you know a Rich Tea really is the perfect dunking biscuit.

I approve of shortbread. But Rich Teas for dunking? Nope, far too much risk of it getting soggy and breaking off into the tea and ugh…

1 Like

You’ve articulated its perfection perfectly. I like a bit of risk with my tea and biscuits.

1 Like

Excuse my foreign ignorance, but aren’t hobnobs and digestives basically the same thing?

@ahibbins, no, in a word. Hobnobs and digestives, though still both often have chocolate on the top and look very similar in appearance. The former is made of oaks, the latter isn’t and just made of flour and baking powder.

In my mind they perform the same job :grin:

1 Like

To clarify, chocolate digestive has to be specifically a dark chocolate digestive

1 Like

I would agree with you here - dark chocolate is definitely superior!