Good morning everyone!
A very warm welcome to our FIRST monthly discussion! I hope you’ve had a nice January!
Our first book this year is Away With the Penguins by Hazel Prior. I hope you’ve all enjoyed this heartwarming, Winter read and I can’t wait to hear your thoughts! Below, are 8 questions that will be asked each month. You might want to write them down for future meets so you’re thinking of your answers as you read!
- What was your favourite part of the book?
- What was your least favourite?
- What did you think of the writing? Are there any standout sentences?
- Did reading the book impact your mood? If yes, how so?
- What surprised you most about the book?
- How did your opinion of the book change as you read it?
- How does the book’s title work in relation to the book’s contents? If you could give the book a new title, what would it be?
- How did it impact you? Do you think you’ll remember it in a few months or years?
You can choose to answer some or all of the questions, it’s up to you! All I would ask is please be mindful and respectful of everyone’s opinions, we’re here to have fun, (hopefully) enjoy the book and make some friends along the way!
See you next month for our 2nd book of the year which is A Pho Love Story by Loan Le . The discussion will take go live here on the Community on Monday 28 February 2022 at 10am. If this book isn’t your taste or perhaps you’d like an alternative, love themed read for February, please do check out the weekly list and give your opinions on the week the discussion becomes available!