Welcome to week 1 of the weekly book club! I hope you’ve all had a nice, successful first week back in the office and you’ve eased into 2022!
Our first book this year is the lovely Away with the Penguins by Hazel Prior. I hope you’ve all enjoyed reading this heart warming book and I can’t wait to hear your opinions on it! Below, are 8 questions that will be asked each week so keep these in mind when reading
- What was your favourite part of the book?
- What was your least favourite?
- What did you think of the writing? Are there any standout sentences?
- Did reading the book impact your mood? If yes, how so?
- What surprised you most about the book?
- How did your opinion of the book change as you read it?
- How does the book’s title work in relation to the book’s contents? If you could give the book a new title, what would it be?
- How did it impact you? Do you think you’ll remember it in a few months or years?
You can answer some or all of the questions, it’s up to you! As always, please be mindful and respectful of everyone’s opinions, we’re here to have fun, (hopefully) enjoy the book and make some friends along the way!
See you next Friday for our second discussion of the year which is The Storied Life of AJ Fikrey by Gabrielle Zevin