The key ingredient to effective evidence-based decision making is good evidence. As such, it’s important to make sure that any survey data you’re using represents a good, and ideally large, sample of your audiences. What’s more, if you’re an Arts Council England NPO, then reaching a survey response target may be one of your funding requirements.
However, we know as well as you do that this is sometimes easier said than done.
Different survey methodologies each have their own pros and cons and timings and approach all play a part. Consider too what’s in it for the respondent… sometimes a well worded explanation of the value their input brings to your decision-making can be enough encouragement to take part, or you may want to offer further incentives.
Check out these articles for more information.
- Why do I have to collect 380 survey responses?
- What methodologies can I choose for my Audience Finder survey?
- Can I have multiple data collection methodologies?
- Can I incentivise my Audience Finder surveys with a prize draw?
- I’m a touring organisation, can I re-use survey data from a venue I’ve toured at?