To request access to production data in Audience Finder Show Stats, follow these steps:
- Visit Audience Finder Show Stats and enter your login details.
- If you do not have a Show Stats account, please look at this article: How do I register for a Show Stats account?
- Click View & Request Productions from the top menu - this will display a table that lists any productions that are already approved and/or activated or are pending approval.
- Click Search & Request New Productions (the pink button located at the bottom left-hand side of the production table).
- Use the drop-down menus to select the Financial Year, Organisation and Production you want to request access to, and the list of performance dates/times will appear in the Available Performances box below.
- Click the red > to move a single performance, or the red >> to move across all Available Performances to the Selected Performances box.
- Click Confirm Request for Selected Performances.
- The performance you selected should now appear in the list of Productions.
- Repeat steps 3 – 7 until you have selected and confirmed all the productions/performances that you are interested in analysing.
If your organisation has its own ticketing system, all productions/performances you have “requested” will be approved automatically within Audience Finder Show Stats.
If your organisation is a touring company, and you use Audience Finder Show Stats to access data from third-party venues, then you will need to wait for the venue to grant your request to access the data. Venues will receive an email from the Audience Agency alerting them to new productions requests. Once your request to access production data has been approved by the venue, the data will become available to analyse in Audience Finder Show Stats.
Does [venue] contribute data to Audience Finder Show Stats?
To view a list of all the organisations whose data you can currently analyse through Audience Finder Show Stats, please visit the full venue list.
New organisations are joining the Audience Finder Data Tools all the time, so if you can’t see the venue you need on the list, you can enquire with our team.
My production is missing some datesPlease note that the timing of a venue’s data extraction may fall in the middle of your production run, meaning that not all of the performances within that run will have matured in time for the most recent extraction.
From a box office perspective, a performance may not necessarily “mature” on the day it takes place; there is generally a short period of time following the performance to allow for the reconciliation of agent sales/refunds etc. to be processed before the production is considered “mature”.
Once your “missing” dates have matured, they will be included in the venue’s next data extraction and will appear in Audience Finder Show Stats on the Monday following that extraction, so check back next Monday and your dates should be there.
Please note: Venues set a timeframe for data extractions. Most happen weekly (especially those with automated data extractions), but some are less frequent depending on their ticketing supplier.
Once production data is “Approved”, you can then run an Annual Summary report to analyse all productions in a given financial year. You can also begin activating individual productions and using the custom groups functionality to further improve your insight and strategic decision making (paid). Within Audience Finder Answers, you can use the ‘How does the profile of my audience compare between two productions’ insight, allowing you to directly compare two of your productions using Audience Spectrum. Users of Audience Finder Show Stats can login into Audience Finder Answers using their existing Show Stats login details.
Regardless of what type of organisation you are – venue, touring or both – please remember that you only need to get productions “Approved” to run an Annual Summary report, also to be used for annual reporting to your funder, and/or use the 'How does the profile of my audience compare between two productions’ insight in Audience Finder Answers.
You do NOT need to “Activate” them in order to run an Annual Summary report or use the insight. Activating productions is a paid-for enhanced feature within Audience Finder Show Stats, which allows you to analyse data at a production- or performance-level.
Activating a production within Show Stats is an enhanced feature, which, if it’s your first activation, will incur charge of £100 + VAT per year. To learn more about Show Stats pricing please read this article: How much does Show Stats cost?